1) To install our stripe kits first take a pair of scissors and cut the striping into the lengths you need to stripe the hood, roof, trunk and bumpers (if you are striping the bumpers) of your car. Make each piece slightly longer than needed and then trim it or fold it under the edge of the area it is being applied to. (example – front of the hood)
2) Remove any emblems that may get in the way of the striping. (you will replace them after the stripes are installed)
3) Thoroughly clean the application area with rubbing alcohol and a soft cloth.
4) Mark the center of the car and then run masking tape from the front to the back of the car. If the stripes need to be one inch apart use one inch wide tape. For a two inch gap use 2 inch tape or use 1 inch and come off of it a half inch on each side.
5) Position the stripe where you want it and slide it into place. For longer sections it helps to have a second person to help. (TIP – lay the striping down shiny side down and peel the paper backing off of the stripe, not the stripe off of the paper backing. This helps to prevent you from accidentally kinking the material.
6) Once the stripe is where you want it you simply squeegee it on. Slide the stripes into proper position and squeegee from the center outward to each side.